Midweek Weddings are Coming Back into Fashion at Toadbury Hall
Who said you have to get married on a weekend? In 1903 The White House book of etiquette: An authoritative and authentic statement of the manners of society stated shared their thoughts on wedding planning:
“Monday for wealth
Tuesday for health
Wednesday best day of all
Thursday for losser
Friday for crosser
Saturday no luck at all”
Translated: A woman of proper breeding would never schedule her wedding on a weekend. Times, have certainly changed and weekend celebrations have become the norm, allowing the celebration to last long into the night and to accommodate guests who have work schedules and other commitments.
Break from the norm, start a new trend – midweek is the new weekend. When it comes to wedding planning consider a midweek wedding. Are you in love with the idea of getting married on the anniversary of when you met? This may not always fall on a weekend. Let this not stop you. Get married during the week.
Personally, I love midweek weddings, and here are my Top 4 reasons for you to consider a midweek wedding:
- SURPRISE! The day immediately feels special & unexpected and will stand out to your wedding guests. It makes a statement and will capture the attention of family and friends.
- BE DIFFERENT: A midweek wedding breaks most rules & sets the stage for something avant-garde. By breaking precedent from the beginning a different style or dress code are all suddenly acceptable.
- TOP WEDDING VENDORS ARE MORE ACCESSABLE: The wedding business is very competitive and top vendors are usually booked a year in advance. If you do not want to wait a long time for them to be available, consider having a midweek wedding. There are high chances that if you have a weekday wedding, your vendors will only be catering to you alone on that day and you can have their whole undivided attention.
- INCREASED INTIMACY: Hosting a midweek wedding it will lead to a smaller more intimate wedding. If you want your guests to have more time to celebrate, have your wedding on a Thursday so that they can get a couple more days to rest and relax.
Now that you know all the reasons and advantages of having a weekday wedding, we have the perfect wedding venue to entice you. Ready to chat more about the possibility of a weekday wedding…Toadbury Hall is ready for you to take advantage of our fantastic midweek special.
Midweek Wedding Package
- 50% discount on venue rental
- Complimentary day-use room for bride & groom
- Complimentary room for bridal couple on the wedding night
- Complimentary room on anniversary
- 10% discount on accommodation for all wedding guests
Terms & Conditions apply:
- Valid 1 April 2021 till 31 December 2021
- Bookings applicable Mondays to Thursdays only (excluding public holidays)
- Applicable to new bookings only
- Subject to availability
- Bookings are essential
- All rates are inclusive of VAT
- Packages & Promotions are non-commissionable
- Strict Covid-19 protocol will apply
For bookings & enquiries or to book a site visit contact them on 010 593 7523 or email@example.com
011 568 2734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always excited by the prospect of a mid-week wedding, and would love to know what YOU think? How do you feel about a Tuesday wedding or a Thursday night celebration? Leave your comments below.
THATCo is a team of Sales, Marketing & Operations specialists with a century’s worth of combined experience in the hospitality industry, catering to a wide spectrum of clients. Currently our client portfolio includes Toadbury Hall Country Hotel in Muldersdrift, in the Cradle of Humankind, Ninety North Guest House (Ferndale), House Higgo Boutique Guesthouse (Northcliff) and Black Eagle Hotel & Spa (Ruimsig) add city retreats to our local collection of properties, and Royal Jozini in Swaziland, means we have officially crossed the SA border.